The License Manager for WooCommerce lets you create and manage licenses for WordPress plugins and themes that you sell on your online store. The plugin also lets you add license related information to the WordPress products and product variations.
You can access the License Manager plugin from the Dashboard → License Manager.
The plugin lets you :
- Auto-generate license upon the completion of an order
- Customize your product licenses by adding a suitable prefix, suffix, key length and choose from a set of license key patterns
- Set expiry and activation limit for the product license key
- Options to enable and auto-generate coupons for licensed product
- Notify the plugin users of the product updates and license expiry using admin notifications
- Send license reminder email to plugin users with custom content
- Manually check the current status of the license in case the status check was not completed automatically
- Options to override license settings in each variation for variable product
- Auto-update for valid License Products
All License Related Details in Products
Using the License Manager for WooCommerce plugin, you can add software license details into your Products and Product variations.
- Go to Dashboard → Products → All Products
- Select the product which you want to edit
- In the Product Details page, navigate to Product Data section → License Settings tab. Fill in the required fields
Following are the fields available in the License settings tab of the product, which would help:
- Software Identifier: The field name to identify the product. The system identifies the Plugin Name as Software identifier. This is the unique identifier for the product in store.
- Software Version: The current version number of your product. The version number should be the same as provided in the plugin file.
- Software Page URL: The URL of your current product page
- Software Author: The Author name of your product
- Author URL: The URL of the author page
- WP Version required: The minimum version of WordPress required for the product to run. If the version required and the current version of the client site are different, then display a message, ‘Your current WordPress version is x.x.x. The required WordPress version is y.y.y or later’, while an update is available at WordPress
- Tested Recent WP version: The latest version of WordPress that is tested & compatible with the software.
- Updated Date: The date of the latest update of your product.
- Description Page: Select from the drop-down list (which populates the pages in your website) the page that corresponds to your plugin details.
- Installation Page: Select from the drop-down list (which populates the pages in your website) the page with details to the installation of your product.
- Changelog Page: Select from the drop-down list (which populates the pages in your website) the Change log respective to your plugin.
- Enable renewal coupon: Enabling this would generate a coupon and will be shared with the user along with the License validity expiry reminder.