Validate field inputs using Custom Validators
Custom Validators feature is used to define validation rules based on regular expressions while adding a product to the cart. This validation is assigned to any particular field which will be validated before adding the product to the cart. To create a new custom validator,
- Go to Extra Product Options >> Advanced Settings tab. You can see a section Custom Validators with 4 fields showing Validator Name, Validator Label, Validator Pattern, and Validator Message.
- Fill the fields according to your requirements. Enter the regular expression to be validated in the Validator Pattern field. (Refer the screenshot.)
- To add more than one validator, click on the ‘Add New Validator’ (+) button to get a new row where you can add further.
Following are the input values for Validator Fields:
- Validator Name: Provide a unique name (combination of letters and numbers without space) for the validation rule, which will be used internally to identify the validator.
- Validator Label: The name provided here will be the display name for the validation rule.
- Validator Pattern: In this field, add a regular expression to match a valid input. The regular expression must start with /^ and end with $/. Enter the regular expression between them.
Ex: A regular expression for collecting a combination of 3 small letters, 3 capital letters, and 3 numbers is as given below:
- Validation Message: Provide the message to be displayed when the validation fails. Use %s: to include field name in the validation messages.
- Save the modifications clicking on ‘Save the changes’ button.
Once the validator is successfully created and updated, you can go to the Product Options tab and edit/add a product field. Here, you can choose the validator from the Validations pulldown field.